Welcome to L'École Bilingue!
About the PAC
The LEB PAC (Parent's Advisory Council) works with the admin and teachers to improve school life and educational opportunities for our kids.
We organize fun activities (Welcome Back BBQ in September, Halloween Haunt in October, Bike to School Week, ...). We run babysitting and first aid courses for older grades. We run a choir program, and after school activities (chess, drawing, coding, dance, cooking, ...). We invite in interesting speakers and guests (circus, dance performances, authors, artists, ...).
We also run a hot lunch program, currently Tuesday (sushi) and Thursday (pizza), which are both fundraisers and a break from making lunch every day for parents!
The PAC also funds longer term projects. This year, we started EarthBites which is a food literacy program (all the way from soil preparation, through planting, harvesting, and preparation).
We would encourage you to get involved wherever you are able. It makes for a much richer school experience for both you and your children.
Our annual direct donation drive the 2019 school year has started.
Please see the direct donation instructions for more information.
To stay up to date with upcoming events, please subscribe yourself to the PAC mailing list. The mailing list is hosted at Mailchimp.
There's also an archive of recent mails, including monthly-or-so newsletters.
If you ever want to change your subscription or the address you're using, there will be a link at the bottom of every email we send.
LUNCH PROGRAMS ARE NOT BEING RUN FOR THE FALL 2020 SESSION DUE TO COVID-19.
The PAC runs lunch days. Currently these are Sushi on Tuesday and Pizza on Thursday.
Lunches are ordered ahead of time in 3 terms over the year. Ordering and payment is done though Munchalunch.
If you are new to the school you can sign up for a Munchalunch account, and once you've done that you'll be able to order food.
The food programs are administered by parent volunteers, you can contact the current Sushi coordinator by emailing email@example.com, and the current Pizza coordinator by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calendar of Upcoming Events
You can also use this link to add the calendar to Google Calendar.
Or this link to add it to Apple or other calendars.
This Year's Parent Meetings
- PAC Meeting: Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 7pm
- Speaker Series: Thursday, October 17, 2019 at 7pm
- PAC Meeting and Social: Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 6:30pm
- PAC Meeting: Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 7pm
- Speaker Series: Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 7pm
- PAC Meeting: Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 7pm
- Speaker Series: Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 7pm
- PAC Meeting and AGM: Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 7pm
PAC Constitution and Bylaws
The current PAC Constitution and Bylaws are available in PDF form. They were revised at the June 2018 AGM, with a minor correction at the June 2019 AGM.
Additionally, the 2019-2020 Budget is available, approved at the 2019 year end AGM.
PAC Meeting Minutes
2020-2021 School Year
- PAC Minutes 2021-05-27 and the detailed list of PAC committee members with open positions. Please get in touch with email@example.com if you're interested in any of these positions!
- PAC Minutes 2021-04-29. There's also slides from our guest speaker and supporting articles available.
- PAC Minutes 2021-02-25
- PAC Minutes 2021-01-28
- PAC Minutes 2020-11-26
- PAC Minutes 2020-10-29
- AGM Minutes 2020-09-24
- PAC Meeting Minutes 2020-09-24
- PAC Meeting Minutes 2020-09-03 and capture of chat log.
2019-2020 School Year
- PAC Meeting Minutes 2020-06-23
- Q&A session on school reopening, 2020-05-21
- PAC Meeting Minutes 2020-04-23
- PAC Meeting Minutes 2020-01-23
- PAC Meeting Minutes 2019-11-21
- PAC Meeting Minutes 2019-09-26
2018-2019 School Year
Especially if you're a family that's joining us in Kindergarten, we'd like to encourage you to consider joining us on September Labour Day weekend at Evans Lake. It's a great way to get to know parents in the community. Having your Kindergarteners have some new best friends from camp the weekend before school starts makes for a much easier first week as well. More information and sign up at lebevanslake.com.
Contacting the PAC Exec
If you have questions about PAC or things that are happening at school, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and a parent volunteer will try to help or direct you.
Additional contact information for more specific questions: